HCVP Participants

Financial support for families in need.

Richmond Redevelopment & Housing Authority provides financial assistance to eligible families who meet the requirements to participate in the Housing Choice Voucher Program. Under the program, eligible families receive financial assistance that can be used for paying rent and utilities. Participants are able to seek safe, decent and affordable housing of their choice such as a house, townhouse, or an apartment.

During the application process, RRHA will collect information on family income, assets, and family composition (family size, special needs, etc.). RRHA will verify information given by the family with the appropriate agency, employers, and banks and will use the information to determine program eligibility and the amount of rental assistance given.

If RRHA determines that a family is eligible, the Housing Authority will put that family’s name on a waiting list due to high interest in the program. Once a family’s name is reached on the waiting list, RRHA will contact them and a Housing Choice Voucher will be issued.

If you are interested in porting your voucher to our jurisdiction you must first contact your current administrator of your housing choice voucher and inform them you would like to have your voucher ported to Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority.

Mail documents to:

Richmond Redevelopment & Housing Authority, Leasing Department
918 Chamberlayne Parkway, Richmond, VA 23220 or fax to the Leasing Department at 804-644-1445.