Section 3 is a directive under the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to boost local economic development, neighborhood improvement, and individual self-sufficiency.
Do I qualify?
Section 3 Business
- Owned 51 percent or more by Section 3 residents OR
- Employs Section 3 residents for at least 30 percent of its full-time staff OR
- Provides evidence of a commitment to subcontract to Section 3 business concerns, 25 percent or more of the amount of the awarded contract
Section 3 Resident
- Public housing resident OR
- HCVP/Section 8 resident OR
- Person who live in the City of Richmond with a household income below HUD low-income limits
RRHA applies preferences on bids or proposals of Contractors who are Section 3-certified businesses.
View open solicitations on the Virginia Business Opportunity website at eva.virginia.gov.