Each of the “Big 6” Courts has a resident council that represents the community’s families.
Joining is easy—as a resident of an RRHA public housing community, you are a member. Contact your court’s local council today to get involved!
RRHA Resident Councils
Creighton Court Resident Council
2101 Creighton Rd.
Marilyn Olds, President, 804-437-2217
Fairfield Court Resident Council
2306 N. 25th St.
Dyanne Broidy, President, 804-405-8714
Why get involved?
RRHA strongly encourages the establishment of and participation in the resident councils. The officers of the council are elected by the residents of each public housing community. Any current resident may run for a Resident Council Office and may vote for candidates.
The purpose of the resident council is to:
- Respond to resident needs in the community.
- Create programs and garner partnerships that will improve the quality of life and resident satisfaction and participate in self-help initiatives to enable residents to create a positive living environment for families living in public housing.
- Help plan special activities such as community day, National Night Out, and other self-sufficiency events.
- Represent residents and communicate with RRHA management.
- Provide input in the design of Agency programs and agency plans.