Fair Housing

Fair Housing: It’s not an option, it’s the law.

RRHA staff is committed to ensuring that our housing (and non-housing) programs are free from discrimination. And are further committed to carrying out necessary practices to operate all of our programs in a fair and impartial manner.

RRHA shall not discriminate because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, familial status, disability or elderliness in the leasing, rental, or other disposition of housing or related facilities.

Filing a Complaint

If an individual wishes to complain on behalf of himself or someone else against discrimination by the Authority, he/she may file a complaint with:

Attn: Compliance Officer
P.O. Box 26887
Richmond, Virginia 23261-6887

Local HUD Office

Virginia Fair Housing Office

504 Reasonable Accomodations

RRHA provides reasonable accommodations to applicants, residents, and participants with disabilities.

Federal law, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act (1973), is there to protect your rights and to help you identify a reasonable, effective, and appropriate accommodation. RRHA will fully bear the cost of all reasonable accommodations unless doing so would create an undue financial and administrative burden.

Do you have a disability?

A person with a disability refers to an individual
who has :

  1. A physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activity: caring for one’s self, performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, learning, or working;
  2. Has a record of such impairment; or
  3. Is regarded as having such an impairment.

Request Reasonable Accommodations

Complete the 504 form if you are an individual with a disability and you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the application process.


If you need help understanding or filling out the 504 form, or have any questions regarding the rights of persons with disabilities, call Calandra Trotter, 504 Coordinator/Compliance Officer, at 804.780.4276.