The Richmond Redevelopment & Housing Authority is committed to doing everything we can to ensure the health and well-being of our residents. We want to keep you informed. We are taking measures to include frequent sanitation of common areas in RRHA buildings. The following actions are designed to help keep our tenants, clients, staff, partners and communities safe.
RRHA is now cleaning common areas of buildings daily, sanitizing door handles, railings, bathrooms, elevator buttons and other frequently touched surfaces. RRHA has adopted a policy of closing when Richmond Public Schools close. However, basic operations that include emergency work orders, leasing of units and other activities by appointment will be continued until further notice.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention
At the time of this memo, there is no vaccine to prevent Coronavirus. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. The CDC recommends the following everyday preventative actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately dispose of the tissue.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Clean surfaces that you share with others, such as door knobs, telephones and bathroom surfaces.
- Wash your hands OFTEN with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wipe with at least 60% alcohol.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the common signs of the virus are like the flu. Symptoms may appear 2 – 14 days after exposure and can include: fever, couch, and/or shortness of breath.
Individuals who develop symptoms should contact the Richmond Health Department or medical clinic and follow their advice. Prior to your arrival, contact the facility you intend to visit and tell them you think you may have Coronavirus so they can take precautions to prevent exposing other individuals.
We know the Coronavirus is causing great concern and we want you to know that we care. RRHA is taking the situation very seriously and is closely monitoring all developments. We will keep you informed of any additional changes we may make to protect our tenants and staff.