Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority is excited to announce that three new board members have been named by Richmond City Council to Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority’s (RRHA) Board of Commissioners. Two existing members, Chairperson Veronica G. Blount and Vice Chairman, Neil Kessler, have been reappointed.
Joining RRHA’s Board of Commissioners are Basil I. Gooden, Michael Barrett Hardiman, and William R. Johnson, Jr.
“All three of our newest Board members embody the spirit of community and bring talent, expertise and energy to the table. We are fortunate to have them by our side as we continue to strengthen and serve the RRHA community.”Stacey Daniels-Fayson, Interim CEO
Basil I. Gooden, PhD is the former Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry for the Commonwealth of Virginia. He is currently an iCubed (Institute for Inclusion, Inquiry and Innovation) Visiting Scholar in Social Work at Virginia Commonwealth University and a community development consultant. Gooden has nearly 20 years of policy experience with governmental agencies in the areas of community development, affordable housing, transportation and economic development.
Michael B. Hardiman’s career includes advocacy for housing, development and construction issues. He is a former lobbyist and currently serves as Principal for his firm, Hardiman Advisors. He indicates that he was drawn to this position by his, “desire to serve my city and the people who live in public housing.”
William R. Johnson, Jr. is a former zoning administrator and Richmond City council member. A Richmond native, Johnson attended Armstrong Kennedy High School and currently resides in the city’s 6th council district.
There are nine slots on RRHA’s Board of Commissioners. City Council is expected to confirm the remaining two resident positions in September 2020. Current RRHA Board members and their terms:
- Veronica G. Blount, Chairperson July 27, 2020 – January 9, 2024
- Neil Kessler, Vice Chairman July 27, 2020 – March 26, 2024
- Marilyn B. Olds* (to be filled) February 8, 2016 – November 24, 2019
- Jonathan Coleman April 27, 2018 – April 26, 2022
- Robley S. Jones January 12, 2017 – January 12, 2021
- Basil I. Gooden July27, 2020 – June 28, 2022
- Michael B. Hardiman July 27, 2020 – January 9, 2024
- William R. Johnson, Jr. July 27, 2020 – March 26, 2024
- Resident Seat (vacant) *Resident position