The Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority (RRHA) helps families transform their lives and revitalizes communities across the city. We provide quality housing, family self-sufficiency opportunities for residents, and community and economic revitalization initiatives that contribute to the continued success of the City of Richmond.
Our work is a proud reflection of tradition and service spanning more than seven decades. RRHA was created by the Richmond City Council in 1940, growing out of a national program launched by the federal government in the late 1930s to combat blight and to provide housing for many of the poor suffering from the Great Depression. A locally administered, and federally funded housing authority, RRHA provides real estate development, rental housing assistance, and property management of public housing communities for low and moderate income families throughout the City of Richmond. As the largest housing authority in the Commonwealth of Virginia, RRHA serves over 10,000 residents and manages nearly 4,000 units through the public housing program. We also provide subsidized housing assistance through the Housing Choice Voucher Program to over 3,000 families.
Our Vision: Building Vibrant Communities.
Our Mission: To be the catalyst for quality affordable housing and community revitalization.
Our Values: In defining who we are and how we do business, we operate by the phrase “iACT:” Integrity, Accountability, Customer Focus, Teamwork.
• Do what is right legally and ethically
• Act with honesty and trustworthiness
• Honor commitments
• Take ownership for actions
• Make on-time/deadlines a priority
• Embrace quality/continuous improvement
• Provide accurate, timely information to meet customer needs
• Treat internal/external customers and partners with professionalism and respect
• Work collaboratively with customers
• Build strategic partnerships and relationships
• Share information and resources
• Take initiative to prevent problems and seek creative solutions
• Foster an atmosphere of cooperation